Monday, August 8, 2011

Marble Fest 2011

What an event-packed twelve days that just ended.  Beginning with Rent at the PAC3, followed by Del McCoury, three days of Carbondale's Mountain Fair, Bill Frisell, March Fourth, then three days of Marble Fest.  I'm really thankful for a quiet week.

I was really impressed with the job that Shanti and Meagan did with Marble Fest.  I confess that I've not been to it in a while.  We saw Louie and the Lizards play there about eight or nine years ago, and based on that experience, I ignored all mention of it for a while.  But this year was something else!  Over twenty five bands played during the three days, and while Friday and Saturday saw modest crowds, Saturday was wild.  Almost anyone you wanted to see showed up, and it was a great time.  Thank you ladies!  Looking forward to next year.








No comments:

Post a Comment